Women Entrepreneurs' Network (WEN)
The idea of the Women Entrepreneurs’ Network (WEN) is developed by USAID's SEED with the urge to support aspiring and established women entrepreneurs in Egypt and increase their access to entrepreneurial services. In fact, one of the primary goals of USAID's SEED project is to increase the formation, growth, and expansion of women-owned businesses and women-owned micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in Egypt. Hence, the WEN idea came about to provide women entrepreneurs with knowledge, mentorship, networking with players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and other services many to allow them to scale their businesses, increase their revenues and employment opportunities, and do business efficiently.
The formation of the network started by bringing together representatives from leading women-focused organizations to create the founding and steering committee of the Network, which will ensure its sustainability and outreach. Further ahead, the network itself is planned to be compromised of groups of interconnected entrepreneurs, business and financial service providers, business mentors, and other relevant actors and leaders, who are expected to contribute to achieving the WEN’s objectives and ensure its sustainability.
WEN aims to support aspiring and established women entrepreneurs, and increase their access to several entrepreneurial services allowing them to grow their business, and create employment opportunities, as well as allow the members to educate and learn from each other’s experiences, coordinate the scattered efforts, and promote a healthier, more supportive ecosystem.
- Publish and maintain a current directory of financial and business development services and a calendar of events for entrepreneurs.
- Articulate and advocate for policies to enhance the MSME environment in Egypt.
- Reach out and engage women and youth outside of major cities.
- Improve services of WEN’s member organizations and women entrepreneurs.
- Create a robust networking and referral platform focused on supporting women entrepreneurs in Egypt.
- Coordinate youth networks, incubators, universities, and schools to organize and host network opportunities and activities.
WEN Steering Committee Members
- The National Council of Women (NCW)
- Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) (Women-in-Business Unit)
- Alexandria Business Women Association (ABWA)
- Women of Egypt 21 (BWE 21)